Our dealership believes in the tenets of the Marine Industry Certified Dealership program set forth in this consumer commitment. Established jointly by the Marine Retailers Association of Americas and the National Marine Manufacturers Association, these principles are established to ensure you an enjoyable boating experience. We seek to enhance that experience by providing trained, friendly employees, quality products and reliable services. As part of our desire to continuously make improvements, please let us know if we should fail on our commitment or if you do not understand any information provided to you.
At our dealership, you should expect:
- ▶ the assistance of a capable and knowledgeable sales consultant.
- ▶ advertising and representations that are truthful and factual.
- ▶ a written disclosure of all details associated with a purchase.
- ▶ an explanation of the proper usage and operation of products.
- ▶ products properly prepared, inspected and tested before delivery.
- ▶ the delivery of new products as scheduled.
- ▶ an explanation of all maintenance requirements and schedules established for your product.
- ▶ an explanation and written copies of warranties on all products and major components.
- ▶ the explanation of maintenance/repair plans including estimated repair time and cost.
- ▶ an itemized list of all charges with thorough explanation.
- ▶ prior approval of changes in repair costs or additional charges should they occur.
- ▶ maintenance/repair work done right the first time by knowledgeable trained technicians.
- ▶ maintenance/repair work completed when promised.
- ▶ timely notice of changes in service delivery time if delays are experienced in repair completion.
- ▶ Inspection of any replaced/damaged components upon presentation of the invoice/work order.
- ▶ fair, open and honest treatment without discrimination.
- ▶ respectful, professional and accurate responses to all your product questions and requests.
- ▶ privacy and confidentiality of customer records.
This is our commitment to you. You should expect a higher standard of professionalism when working with us. Please hold us accountable to that expectation.
Long Lake Marina EST 1999
- Long Lake Marina was established May of 1999 by Jim Davenport and Thomas Cranstoun. Long Lake Marina started off as a small waterfront marina located in Naples, Maine offering powerboat, pontoon and watercraft sales as well as winter storage and wet slips.
- Family has always been a driving force behind the marina. Jim and Thomas treated customers as such and were rewarded with rapid growth.
- Eight years later in 2007 Jim purchased equity from Thomas making Jim the sole owner of the Marina. In the same year, the marina opened their service department and began servicing boats of all kinds. Roughly one year later in 2009, Jim’s son James graduated from the University of Southern Maine and joined the family business to lead the sales and marketing efforts for the company. At the time Jim’s other son Clint was serving in the United States Army. But after eight years of service Clint joined the family business in 2017 to lead operations.
- With family in tow Jim embarked on a journey of growth that has led to the Long Lake Marina you see today.
- As of 2021 Long Lake Marina has grown to operate across four locations including Sportshaus Snow and Water, a specialty retail shop that was acquired in 2019.
- The Davenport’s emphasis on family has not gone unnoticed. The marina has been awarded with Yamaha’s White Diamond Dealer Award, Yamaha’s Customer Service Index Award and Tahoe’s #1 Dealer for the state of Maine, every year since 2004.
- Long Lake Marina is your full-service marina, offering sales, service, storage, rentals and access to premium brands like Nautique and Barletta. Driven by family and offering exceptional customer service Long Lake Marina is here for you.
Meet the staff
A native of New Jersey, Jim graduated from Manville high school. He then went to college and got his degree in criminal justice and environmental science from Raritan Valley College. After college Jim attended the Middlesex County Police Academy. He began his career for the New Jersey Transit Police Department in 1983. He then transferred over to the Montgomery Township Police Department in Belle Mead, New Jersey in 1985. He then retired from the Montgomery Township Police Department in January of 2002. As a police officer he received 3 meritorious service awards, 2 life-saving awards, one exceptional duty award, honorable service award, seven letters of recommendation for arrests and convictions, Elks police officer of the year, Rotary international club honored guest, and was the New Jersey State PBA delegate.
Jim then purchased Long Lake Marina in May of 1999. He then became the President and CEO of LLM in January of 2002. Accomplishments at LLM include: distinguished dealer for Avalon and Tahoe Pontoon Boats, national sales award for Avalon and Tahoe Pontoon Boats from 2002 consecutively to present, presidential award from Polaris industries and top dealer for Polaris industries in 2002. He has also won the White Diamond award winner for Yamaha watercraft beginning in 2006 and running consecutively to present.
He is a member of Lakes Environmental Association and past board member. Jim’s hobbies include hiking, fishing, and boating, and he is antique car enthusiast. His 1970 Ford Mustang and 1966 Ford Bronco can be seen driving around in the summer months. He also enjoys football, ice hockey, snowmobiling, water sports, and beer stein collecting. Jim is extremely proud of his employees and customers at Long Lake Marina. He is always striving to sell quality products and conduct business honestly through integrity and loyalty while providing family fun on the water.
Director of Sales and Marketing
James is native of New Jersey along with the rest of the Davenport clan. James learned the ins and outs of the family business and after college was prepared to jump in as the Sales and Marketing Director. With a vision and a talented team of people, James has led Long Lake Marina to multiple Yamaha Super High Output CSI Awards and consecutive CSI Awards with Tahoe for 10+ years. In his free time, he enjoys working at the marina and spending time with his Bluetick Coonhound, Susie Q. Next time you see him, ask him about the time we took him skiing!